Give your accessories a facelift with this quick and easy DIY project!
What you need:
- A plain piece of jewellery (I was lucky, my bracelet had a design that was great to “colour in”)
- Nail polish
- A pencil or pen with a very thin tip (for more detailed designs)
- newspaper to keep things clean & tidy
Depending on what type of design you want to do on your piece of jewellery you can “paint” it one of two ways:
- Start with one nail polish colour and pour it out on the newspaper. You shouldn’t need more than the size of a dime to start. Use the thin-tip pencil or pen to create a design on your jewellery
- OR, use the nail polish brush straight from the bottle to coat the piece of jewellery however you like
And don’t forget to check out my video at the end of this post to see the finished product!
Last weekend while I was at home and sick , I just couldn’t stay quiet in bed and needed to do something productive to keep myself busy (other than cough my lungs out – at least that’s what it felt like!).
I was looking through my accessories and found this bracelet I bought last year at Forever 21. It already had a great design on it which made it easy to colour in with nail polish.
Think of this as taking nail art to the next level 😉 And just remember to have fun with whatever colours you end up choosing! I also wouldn’t recommend using any piece of jewellery that is expensive or has sentimental value. But that’s just me!